Here is some research for everyone on these difficult subjects. Something here may help in your Evolution debates.
~Our related research papers:
Video Evidence For The Scientific Theory Of Evolution
The Complete Human Evolution Evidence Database
"How do you know? Were you there?"
The Missing Links of The Scientific Theory of Evolution?
The Fossil Record of Evolution - Descent with Modification - Lists of: Transitional Fossils & Transitional Forms
Debunking, Refuting & Answering Top Creationist & Intelligent Design: Questions, Arguments, Myths, Misconceptions, Misinformation, Mischaracterizations, Fallacies, Tactics, Lies, & Fraud
Debunking the Macroevolution creationist argument against the Scientific Theory of Evolution
Debunking the Irreducible complexity creationist argument against the Scientific Theory of Evolution
Debunking the Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy), creationist argument against the Scientific Theory of Evolution
Debunking the creationist T. Rex Soft Tissue & Blood argument against the Scientific Theory of Evolution
“All evolution in thought and conduct must at first appear as heresy and misconduct.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
See college-level Evolution class materials, now available to the public, from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
Each part of this curriculum guide organizes HHMI resources that pertain to Evolution. See 20 pages of resources:
The Library of Evolution
Index to Creationist Claims (Massive Resource)
~MYTH: Did you know that it is supposed to take 20,000 years for the carbon 14 in the atmosphere to reach equilibrium?
How Good are those Young-Earth Arguments: Radiocarbon Dating
Evolution - 101
Misconceptions about evolution
Unfortunately, many people have persistent misconceptions about evolution. Some are simple misunderstandings—ideas that develop in the course of learning about evolution, possibly from school experiences and/or the media. Other misconceptions may stem from purposeful attempts to misrepresent evolution and undermine the public’s understanding of this topic.
Browse the lists below to learn about common misconceptions regarding evolution, as well as clarifications of these misconceptions.
Additional information on this topic:
Evolution 101: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01
More lines of evidence for evolution:
Frequently asked questions about evolution:
PBS Evolution Library: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/
Evolution: Fact and Theory:
15 evolutionary gems: http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf
Evolution is a scientific fact:
Evolution teaching resources: http://www.evoled.org/
Human Evolution: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
Defending science from religion – creationism vs. evolution
New Discoveries of Fossil Mammals - Filling in the blanks
Theory becomes FACT!!! First Large-Scale Formal Quantitative Test Confirms Darwin’s Theory of Universal Common Ancestry
Popular online ministry burns copy of Darwin’s book “Origin of the Species”
Evidence of self organization in molecules as a precursor to life.
Evolution: Fact Or Theory?
Polling creationism and evolution around the world
Scientists Capture Evolution in the Lab - New Species Can ‘Reset’ Their Genetic Program, Research Shows +Video
The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science
Science and Evolution
~Neil deGrasse Tyson
The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD)
The Colbert Report - Bill O’Reilly proves the existence of God, but then Neil deGrasse Tyson explains how tides change.
Neil deGrasse Tyson on Intelligent Design
Neil deGrasse Tyson DESTROYS intelligent design.
Neil DeGrasse Tyson - Greatest Sermon Ever
The Erosion of Progress by Religions
Neil deGrasse Tyson - We Stopped Dreaming (Episode 1)
Neil Tyson presentation about intelligent design
Neil deGrasse Tyson Website
Richard Dawkins - Evolution from bacteria to apes - Speech
Richard Dawkins on Evolution - Interview [FULL]
Richard Dawkins: “Evolution is a fact!” (Barnes and Noble, NYC, 2009-10-21) Speech
Richard Dawkins on Why Evolution Trumps Creationism (1 - 5)
Intelligent Design : The Human Eye
The Evolution of the Eye (2010) - Richard Dawkins
Richard Dawkins Website
The true origin of “intelligent design”
Misconception: “Gaps in the fossil record disprove evolution.”
Response: The fact that some transitional fossils are not preserved does not disprove evolution. Evolutionary biologists do not expect that all transitional forms will be found and realize that many species leave no fossils at all. Lots of organisms don’t fossilize well and the environmental conditions for forming good fossils are not that common. So, science actually predicts that for many evolutionary changes there will be gaps in the record.
Also, scientists have found many transitional fossils. For example, there are fossils of transitional organisms between modern birds and their theropod dinosaur ancestors, and between whales and their terrestrial mammal ancestors.
~Transitional Fossils, Transitional Forms, Missing Links
Bradyns Blog: Transitional Fossils
John Collier’s 1883 portrait of Charles Darwin
Charles Darwin Documentary
Origin of Species by Charles Darwin (1-5)
David Attenborough on Charles Darwin’s legacy
"Evolution is not just a theory … it is a historical fact," says Sir David in an interview filmed by the science journal Nature. He discusses how Darwin’s work influenced his career
Charles Darwin & Evolution BBC News Documentary (1-4)
Aronra The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism
Complete Series (1-15)
This an excellent series of educational videos by Youtube user Aronra.
In addition to providing a great deal of interesting information on evolution, these videos explore the various arguments used by creationists and the fallacies they contain.
1. Exploring the idea that accepting evolution is tantamount to declaring atheism, or that one need be creationist to be Christian.
2. Exploring the erroneous notion that the holy scriptures were written by God, rather than be subject to the errs of humanity 9:56
3. Exploring the notion of absolute truth and how revealing that would actually more of a fallacy than regular truth. 19:55
4. My attempt to explain empirical inquiry as a rational alternative to the false propaganda propagated on faith. 29:54
5. Disputing the canard that evolution is a religion, and therefore somehow equal to creationism. 39:53
6. Taking on common Creationist canards relating to what evolution is and isn’t, and what it does or doesn’t depend on or relate to. 49:52
7. This one deals with the notion that everything must have an intelligently-designed purpose, or it must be random accidents. 59:51
8. This one deals with mutations and “information”. 1:09:50
9. Listing just a handful of the myriad transitional species we’ve found, and that creationists insist do not exist or somehow still don’t count. 1:19.49
10. An abbreviated introductory primer to cladistic phylogenetics, the most compelling and overwhelming evidence of evolution and our place in nature. 1:30.18
11. An abbreviated introductory primer to classicist phylogenetic, the most compelling and overwhelming evidence of evolution and our place in nature. 1:40.33
12. An abbreviated introductory primer to classicist phylogenetic, the most compelling and overwhelming evidence of evolution and our place in nature. 1:50.47
13. Every “evolutionist hoax” ever alleged was either fabricated or misrepresented to such a degree that each contributes to a growing list of creationist frauds. 2:01.21
14(a). The 1st of two-part tirade about creationists’ claims of having evidence, when all they really have are baseless assertions and assumed conclusions supported only by frauds and fallacies. 2:12.20
14(b). The 2nd half of a two-part tirade about creationists’ claims of having evidence, when all they really have are baseless assertions and assumed conclusions supported only by frauds and fallacies. 2:22.20
15 (a) The first of a two-part final installment to this series, explaining what the words, hypothesis, fact, law, and Theory actually are, rather than what creationists want us to think they are. Hint: a scientific theory isn’t a guess, but an explanative study of real phenomenon. 2:32.41
15(b) The second of a two-part explanation of how a scientific theory differs from the uncertain speculation which creationists would like to believe it is. Although this is the final installment to this series, the playlist will also include a sort of epilogue episode which isn’t a necessarily ‘foundational falsehood’ but is still relevant to the topic. 2:43.37
6 Errors in AronRa’s “Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism”
Bonus: The Erroneous Association of Evolution and Racism (part 1 - 3) AronRa Speech
AronRa: How could creationism not be dishonest?
~The Talk.Origins Archive
A collection of articles and essays that explore the creationism/evolution controversy from a mainstream scientific perspective. In other words, the authors of most of the articles in this archive accept the prevailing scientific view that the earth is ancient, that there was no global flood, and that evolution is responsible for the earth’s present biodiversity.
~Richard Lenski: E. coli long-term evolution experiment
~Atheists, Christians & dinosaurs co-exist at the Creation Museum
~Paleontology and Creationism Meet but Don’t Mesh
~Martin Hanczyc: The line between life and not-life.
In his lab, Martin Hanczyc makes “protocells,” experimental blobs of chemicals that behave like living cells. His work demonstrates how life might have first occurred on Earth … and perhaps elsewhere too.
Martin Hanczyc explores the path between living and nonliving systems, using chemical droplets to study behavior of the earliest cells.
~Clocks, metabolism, evolution – toward an integrative chronobiology
~Download The Structure of Autocatalytic Sets:
Evolvability, Enablement, and Emergence. This paper presents new results from a detailed study of the structure of autocatalytic sets.
~Hypothesis: Could aliens have created life on Earth?
~Top 10: Dinosaur Myths
~What are your thoughts on the Young Earth Creationists, claiming that the Earth and entire universe is only 6,500 years old? There were multiple booming civilizations prior to that time, discovered cave writings, dino bones, and a mountain of proven scientific facts to the contrary!
Inventing completely fraudulent evidence and spreading it so aggressively, goes beyond belief. It is an outright lie. They know it is…but their average sheeple don’t.
~Did Satan put dinosaur bones in the earth to deceive modern people or did God put them into the earth to test our faith?
~Scientists make dino bones out of plaster!
~Evolution Is A Farce, A Fraud, A Fake And A Faith! By Dr. Don Boys
~Sarah Palin Thinks Humans & Dinosaurs Co-Existed
~Holy crap. : Christine O’Donnell (tea party) apparently believes dinosaur bones are fake!
~The Stars Died For Us
"Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today."
Lawrence Krauss (AAI 2009 “A Universe From Nothing”)
The Big Bang Scientific Theory
Please Join Pages In Our ExposingReligion Network
The ExposingReligion Research Directory:
The Science Nexus Of Human Cognitive Evolution & The Extinction Of Religion https://www.facebook.com/SciencesRefutingReligions
Debating The Untested, Unsubstantiated & Unproven Hypothesis Of Religions https://www.facebook.com/DebateReligion
Helping Youth Resist Religious Brainwashing Exploitation & Mental Terrorism https://www.facebook.com/ReligiousFreeYouth
- most-astounding-fact reblogged this from alnator
- malphalent likes this
- sprzz likes this
- antitheistnut likes this
- par1138 likes this
- antallan likes this
- stygiandawn likes this
- cyborgeous likes this
- haamer likes this
- hollyhockdanu-inactive-blog likes this
- ladyofleisuredc likes this
- tori-ko likes this
- ibegmypardon likes this
- whynotscience likes this
- humanistdan likes this
- flamingpianos likes this
- chelzors likes this
- creatormegara reblogged this from thehackerformerlyknownas4chan
- rightbehindsisyphus reblogged this from shmaug
- developadementedmind likes this
- m-cjy likes this
- science-and-logic reblogged this from questionall
- self-synthesis likes this
- realityvsreligion reblogged this from thehackerformerlyknownas4chan
- osastar likes this
- realcleverscience likes this
- horehay-yang likes this
- imcarolinemotherfucker likes this
- becomingwater likes this
- most-astounding-fact likes this
- xpapergirl-burntheworldx likes this
- shmaug reblogged this from thehackerformerlyknownas4chan and added:
- hackr likes this
- skepticallyhopeful likes this
- gay-anti-theist likes this
- lumbtris-terrericus likes this
- backtooldyou reblogged this from thehackerformerlyknownas4chan
- samrubio69 likes this
- life-goes-on-brah likes this
- squishysound likes this
- bucky-took-the-wheel likes this
- vergiliusmaro reblogged this from questionall
- therikeone reblogged this from thehackerformerlyknownas4chan
- therikeone likes this
- be-your-own-hero-x likes this
- lepetitselkie likes this
- iluvfishsticks likes this